Apple recently announced some good news when it came to their new streaming service! This company will never be dead because of all the innovation they constantly come up with. In this article we are going to focus our attention on the great entertainment that has come about in this new and wonderful creation known as Apple TV+. After all it is a streaming service with only Apple original programming. How is that for innovation?
This is not a separate app or a standalone app. This is something you will get to use with Apple’s TV app, which is going to be expanded to several more devices over the upcoming months.
In May, the Apple TV app will offer you some add on paid subscriptions and the best part is that you can stream some shows and movies from partners like HBO without having to be bumped out to some third-party video streaming service.
Bear in mind this is all separate from the Apple TV product, which is a little top box that you buy at a store and that is very important conquering the living rooms of the world. No question about it, Apple TV is truly the greatest method of enjoying the artistic and clever content that the creators have come up with! We are also going to take a look at the exciting shows and series you can expect to find on this innovative service.
So, just who are these epic creators and what have they come up with? First and foremost, let’s take a list at just a few of the content creators you can look forward to. You won’t be bored to death.
Meet the Creators!
Among some of the names that we saw on the screen compiling all the talent, we saw greats like Spike Lee and even M. Night Shyamalan. We even saw some great ones like Bill Murray and Kristen Bell, as well as Broadway greats Leslie Odom Jr.
In some of the comedy series’ you will be enjoying, you will be seeing actors like Steve Carell, Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. Even the beloved Peanuts characters, Snoopy and Charlie Brown, get to make an appearance. Kumail Nanjiani and his wife Emily Gordon will be showing their non-fiction series entitled Little America.
Perhaps the greatest of them all, Oprah Winfrey, is the one you should be looking forward to the most. Apple even kept this one a secret for the very end of the show. The billionaire philanthropist and talented woman appeared onstage to announce two separate series in the form of a book club as well as her own huge partnership with the technology giant.
So, who were some of the other great names that you can look forward to? Here is our short list, there are heaps of great people who will be bringing entertainment your way soon.
• Rupert Grint
• Jessie Nelson
• Morten Tyldum
• Alena Smith
• Justin Lin
• Mark Duplass
• Toby Kebbell
• Billy Crudup
• Aaron Paul
• Lee Eisenberg
• Neil Cross
• Ian Orefice
• David S. Goyer
• Morgan Neville
• Sara Bareilles
Believe us, there are plenty more! Get excited.
What about the Series?
Okay, now you know about the content creators. You are excited about the actors. But what shows can you get ready for? Well, better have a huge popcorn stash on hand. These series are going to have you scratching your head in thought or dying of suspense as you try to keep up with them all.
● Amazing Stories – In this neat revival of the Sci-Fi and fantasy story series of the same name, Amazing Stories features the great Steven Spielberg on as a producer. According to the famed Hollywood visionary, the first season is there to provide a “single thematic experience” for the audience, even though it tells standalone stories. One episode, for instance, features a WWII pilot whose plane makes its way into the present day. We can’t wait!
● The Morning Show – Are you ready to watch some big stars get into some drama? Then get ready for this A-list cast of a show brought to you by Apple TV. This is a series that takes you behind what it’s like to work at a morning news TV show. The Morning Show puts Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston in front of the camera as the producers of the show, but also brings Steve Carell back to television. Yes, we miss those Office days too and we sure miss Hugh Dane who died because of pancreatic cancer, according to deadorkicking.com, on June 4, 2018. Hugh played Hank in The Office. This will be a revolutionary program that is designed to “pull back the power dynamic curtain between women and men” say Witherspoon and Aniston. Apple has already got us excited-they have ordered not one but two seasons of this series, and filming on the first is already done. We know we will be binging this one.
● Little America – Brought to you by the Oscar-nominated pair that is responsible for The Big Sick, Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon take a big look at the experience of immigrants by focusing on the true stories of people moving to the USA. They wanted to focus on immigrants doing “everyday life stuff”. The majority of the writers and directors are immigrants or the children of immigrants, so this one will be famous for its compelling content and truthful nature. This will be a program that will make us all think and gain even more compassion for our immigrant friends and neighbors.
● See – This is yet another great fantasy epic being offered by Apple TV+. It stars Jason Momoa and Alfre Woodard, and the series takes place in a time that is centuries after a virus has taken the life of all but just a few million people and rendered the survivors without sight-yes, completely blind. Try to imagine every human experience that is available to you without your eyesight, said Jason Momoa whilst presenting the announcement. We cannot imagine what it would be like to go through this, but we will look forward to the series.
Other Great Shows to Watch
That’s not all you have to look forward to. Get ready for some even more exciting shows for the whole family to enjoy.
● Helpsters – This was developed with Sesame Workshop and features puppets that are old and new. The Sesame Street world has never been more inviting and fun, and your kids will enjoy all the great lessons and learning that has been the Sesame Street tradition for decades. In this series, they even use principles of coding to bring solutions to their problems-that’s very Apple and very innovative.
● Oprah – Apple signed a multi-year programming deal with the great Winfrey back in June 2018 that will embrace everything from movies, to apps, to books, to TV. And the projects that Winfrey confirmed during the presentation were two documentaries that are promising to be super compelling: Toxic Labor, which deals with sexual harassment and exploitation within the workplace, and the other taking a look at mental health and the various stigmas that often come with such the care and feeding of your mental well-being. She also announced plans for a new “book club” where interviews with authors and text readings will be streamed via Apple Stores. We can’t wait to get our reading glasses on and get turning those pages.
● Swagger – Here is a series for the sports nut in your house. It is based upon the life of NBA superstar Kevin Durant, and the series reminds us a lot of other sports shows like Friday Night Lights. It is actually produced by Durant himself and Brian Grazer. It follows young freshly recruited basketball players and their loved ones as they make their way to the big stage-that is, a spot on an NBA team playing pro basketball.
● Central Park – Does somebody in your gang love Bob’s Burgers? Do YOU love the antics of Bob, Linda and the other Belcher kids? If so, then get ready for this animated series by the creator Loren Bouchard. This one will have everybody tapping their toes because it has a musical element to the show-and actor Josh Gad will be involved too. Yeah, we will sure be laughing!
● For All Mankind – Ronald D. Moore, who worked on Battlestar Galactica, explores what may have happened should the international space race continued after it had actually ended. This of course is a science fiction venture so get ready to use your imagination and of course suspend your disbelief. We think this one will spark conversation around the water cooler for sure.
With all this great programming coming up, it’s no wonder Apple remains on top of its game when it comes to entertainment, innovation, and making people happy.
There is so much to look forward to, and we cannot help but notice the programming is diverse and exciting, offering everything from children’s shows all the way up to documentaries that students in classrooms will probably watch.
And when it’s time to laugh, the comedy series will keep us all entertained. We cannot wait to get this service in our own homes and get watching this quality content!