DHL is teaming up with Nissan to provide New Yorkers with FREE rides around Manhattan on July 11th, 12th and 13th and they want to get the word out about the app for booking free rides. The free, emission free rides are available leading up to the Qatar Airways New York City E-Prix on Saturday July 14th and Sunday July 15th. The E-Prix is an annual race of single-seater, electrically powered Formula E cars held in Brooklyn, New York.
DHL’s goal is zero emissions by 2050 and their view is the decisions we make today will determine how we live tomorrow. DHL wants to reduce transport-related emissions to zero by 2050 by burning less and burning clean.
To ensure that DHL achieves this target, they have set four interim goals for 2025:
– To improve carbon efficiency by 50% compared with base year 2007.
– Reducing air pollutants by using clean pick-up and delivery solutions for 70% of first and last mile services.
– Having more than 50% of our sales to incorporate Green Solutions.
– To train 80% of their 510,000 employees as GoGreen Specialists and involve them in environmental and climate protection activities, including planting one million trees every year.
So what does this have to do with you? As part of its sponsorship of the NYC E-Prix, DHL wants to show how serious they are about zero emissions by giving you a ride for free in NYC.
The free rides are available daily on July 11th, 12th, and 13th between 10 AM and 4 PM at three stations in Manhattan:
– On July 11th at Lexington Ave and E 43rd St.
– On July 12th at 5th Ave and E 27th St.
– On July 13th at 5th Ave and W 9th St.
So, how do you get your free ride? Follow three easy steps:
1) Download the DHL Mobility Quest App
2) Show the staff and join the queue
3) Enjoy a free zero emission ride through Manhattan in a Nissan Leaf!
Download the DHL Mobility Quest app from the Play Store here.