Even after a rough Olympics, Ted Ligety is one of the best giant slalom racers in the history of American skiing. At age 21, he shocked the world by becoming the youngest American male to win an Olympic Gold Medal in Alpine Skiing.
He has won five World Cup Overall giant slalom titles and five World Championship titles. In 2014 he won the first-ever Olympic Gold Medal for the USA.
We spoke to Ted about several topics:
- What’s the fastest MPH he’s ever gone on his skis?
- The feeling of winning a gold medal
- His partnership with Rockin’ Protein
- The weirdest thought he’s ever had on the podium while collecting a medal
- What is Tai Chi and how did it help his performance
- Coolest experience off the slopes because of his success on the slopes?
Listen to the interview here:
Ligety is the latest addition to Team Rockin’ Protein, an elite group of sports stars and fitness advocates who drink Rockin’ Protein to achieve their fitness goals. Team Rockin’ Protein members include professional football player David Johnson, respected organizations, and top-tier universities and high schools across the country.